Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More Alexfest :)

Here's my flash fiction piece for Alexfest. (Although, part of me wishes I had posted it before I read everyone else's super awesome ones! Now I'm feeling insecure.) ;) This has been such a fun blogfest. Thanks again to our hosts and a big thank you to Alex, for being the kind of guy who inspires a whole community to do a blogfest in his honor!




“Mommy, tell me again about the Cavanaugh Cosbolts!”

“I’ve told you this story a million times.”

“But it’s my favorite! Please!”

“Okay. Once upon a time there was a fleet of cosbolts filled with space ninjas. They protected our world, and others, from evil doers.”

“'Cause they’d stun them with their IWSGs!”

“Yes, they’d use their Intergalactic Warrior Stun Guns to capture them. Then they’d have to face the ninja leader. The Great Cavanaugh.”

“Who was totally awesome and had all the best ninja moves and even played guitar! Right mom?”

“That’s right.”

“Mom, I love this story.”
 
 
And finally, a great big thank you to Mrs. Cavanaugh! I can't imagine the amount of time it takes for Alex to do everything he does. Thanks for letting him! ;) He is truly our Ninja Captain and we'd be lost without him.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, some day we will be telling stories like this! Great idea. Your flash rocks, nothing to be insecure about :) Great note to Mrs. C., too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be insecure about! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet yet action packed. Nice flash fiction and bedtime story all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you told it like a story; very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought your piece was great and very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. Love this. Very well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that story as well!!! It was not lame at all. Thanks so much, Rachel. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would indeed be lost without our Ninja Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha-- this was great! Not lame. I didn't have time for all the creative efforts and had to keep my thanks simple and straight forward. He certainly has contributed much to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the mommy telling a story perspective. Loved it. Good job, using all the prompts and telling a wonderful story. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Intergalactic Warrior Stun Guns for IWSG . . . I LOVE This!!!!! Well done. So creative!

    ReplyDelete